Saturday 19 May 2012

My New Camera – Nikon D5100 18-55 VR Kit






Wow it seems like a lifetime ago I went shopping for my new camera. It was actually the middle of last month and since then I’ve been using my new camera loads.

I was surprised how quickly I got used to it, it has fairly easy menus and the buttons are all quite easy to find. This is my first SLR camera, and leading up to the purchase I was quite overwhelmed to choose one. There are so many different models and it’s a lot of money to spend.

I bought a Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 lens which is fantastic! Out of the two lenses, this is my favourite. It gives me so much more versatility than my bridge camera did.

I actually ended up getting a lot of extras, for example I bought a camera bag, lens filters etc. I went to Jessops and the people there were very helpful and helped me pick out the things I wanted.




My advice for anyone who’s thinking of purchasing a SLR is to buy one from an actual shop. So if anything goes wrong, you can pop into the shop and ask for advice.

I am very pleased with my purchases. I think after having my bridge camera for so long, I felt the next natural step was to get an SLR.

I decided to make this review, centred on my first images. I am more confident with the visual than words. Here is a selection of my first shots, hope you like them! You can get an idea of the kind of shots that are possible. I’ve experimented a lot with depth of field, macro etc.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...